August was a month to learn about advancing communication, taking care of your health, and innovative technology. Here are some of our favorite articles this month.
1. Outdated Communication Methods Are Holding Home-Based Care Providers Back
Author Joyce Famakinwa shares the importance of having up-to-date, frictionless communication methods in homecare agencies.
2. 3 Ways to Boost Mental Health in Seniors
This article from Daily Caring shares some impactful ways to help the mental health of seniors.
3. 11 Adaptive Utensils and Eating Aids for Hand Tremors, Dementia, Parkinson’s, Stroke
Innovative technology has made it possible for seniors’ to feed themselves independently regardless of physical ability. This article from Daily Caring showcases several adaptive utensils that seniors can use every day.
4. Nurse’s smelling “superpower” leads to skin swab test for Parkinson’s
We loved this article by Kristin Houser about a retired nurse with a unique ability to smell Parkinson’s, and the way her talent has impacted Parkinson’s disease detection and will continue to do so.
5. Advancing Communication for the Homecare Industry
Communication drives success in homecare agencies. Check out this article written by Olivia Sheffer. It provides valuable insight into improving secure communication across the homecare industry and why it is important to do so.
For more interesting articles, follow us on social media.