New year resolutions go beyond re-committing to a healthy lifestyle. Studies have shown that only 8% of Americans who set new years resolutions actually stick to them. That being said, it’s important to set realistic and attainable goals. After reviewing your stats from the year using the Dashboard in Generations, it’s time to set your objectives. Be sure to watch the video at the end of this blog post!
Let’s review some homecare goals we believe everyone should work towards in the new year:
1. Go fully electronic: Unfortunately, pen and paper are not HIPAA-compliant. Fortunately, going paperless has its advantages. Generations Homecare System is the all-in-one solution for your agency with plenty of HIPAA-compliant communication tools to keep your care team connected securely. So, ditch the pen and paper and go digital!
2. Streamline scheduling: Stay organized in the new year and plan care in advance. Using the Scheduling feature within Generations allows you to keep clients and caregivers up-to-date with information regarding visits.
3. Ensure exceptional care is consistently delivered: As states across the U.S. continue to require Electronic Visit Verification (EVV) for Medicaid services, make it a goal of yours to find the right EVV provider for your agency. Generations EVV is helping care teams across the country meet EVV requirements and ensuring exceptional care is being delivered in the right place, at the right time. Click here to learn more.
4. Make data security a top priority: Data health and security should be the top priority for your agency. As homecare providers, it is your duty to keep all client and caregiver information secure and HIPAA compliant. Generations provides a secure, all-in-one solution that gives users confidence in keeping Protected Health Information (PHI) secure.
5. Accurately bill and pay: Without the right systems in place, billing and payroll can be quite the headache. Luckily, it doesn’t have to be. Seamlessly integrate your accounting software of choice with Generations and accurately bill and pay with ease.
6. Find new content to consume: New content is a great way to learn from others. There are great options for everyone from books to podcasts. Here are some of our top picks we think you’ll love:
- Be the Noodle: 50 Ways To be A Compassionate, Courageous, Crazy-Good Caregiver by Lois Kelly
- Happy Healthy Caregiver Podcast
- Silent Crash Podcast
- Generations Bylines Podcast
- Generations Homecare Blog
We want to help you meet your new year goals! This is why we are happy to provide our clients with unlimited support and training. Learn more about Generations Homecare System in the overview booklet.